This letter has been a long time coming and I am sure that you probably won't read it, but it is very theraputic for me to write it. I have known you for a very long time and once I truly had feelings for you. But, that was long time ago and while I will never forget some of the good times we had together, the sucky times are what stick in my mind today. On the plus side, you are no longer a regular part of my day even though you try to be. You're like a bugger I cannot seem to flick off of my finger. Here are some things that you need to know:
- I will put you in my email contact list under whatever name I want. If you don't like it, then tough shit. You're lucky that I put your name in as a shortened version of your given name. I could call you shithead or asshole or fucktard but I didn't.
- The days of me feeling beholden to answer your every question about every little thing are over. It took me almost 2 decades to get to this point, but the important thing is that I am here. I work and I don't have time to drop everything to answer every question you ask me in stupid detail.
- I don't need you to judge my decisions and frankly, you're not qualified to judge. For example, it doesn't matter what criteria I used to select tires for the car. The important thing is that they were flat and now those flat tires have been replaced with new tires that have tread that is NOT worn out. The precious cargo that is being carted to and fro in that car is safer than they were before.
- FUCK OFF!!!! You once told someone close to me a pack of lies and then when that person told you that you should leave me alone, you told them that you couldn't because "Irene needs me." Let's be clear and honest for once - I don't need you and I never have. I was just too stupid to know that I am stronger and better off without you in my life.
- I am happy and I don't have any regrets. Seriously, I don't have any regrets which is probably very surprising to you. I suppose that is what makes me different than you. You will regret so many things and the regrets that you have that happen to intersect with MY life, I will consider gifts. I cannot take back anything and even though this is not the ideal situation for me, I wouldn't want to take any of it back.
This letter is not about my faults and I know that I have plenty, but my advice to you is to move on. Take the opportunity to start over that has been given to you and make something of what is left of your life. There are some important and impressionable people watching and they see everything.