I used to do a year end post with a dozen or so questions. The last time I completed one it was December 2009. I don't have anything meaningful in a free-form to write so I'm answering the questions ala 2009:
- What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
So many things - too many to count. Things like made peace with my parents and proved to myself that I am stronger than I thought top the list.
- Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any for 2012 and I'm not sure I will make any for 2013..
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Did anyone close to you die?
No - thankfully no.
- What would you like to have in 2013 that you did not in 2012?
Closure for issues that I finally started to deal with in 2012.
- What was your biggest achievement of 2012?
Realizing that I needed to change my life and taking the steps to change it.
- What was your biggest failure?
I don't think I had any failures in 2012. It sounds so "Pollyanna-ish" but every mistake I made in 2012 I learned from and recovered. Failure happens when you refuse to learn or refuse to try again.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
I suffered an immense amount of heart ache and disappointment.
- What was the best thing you bought?
Actually, it would have to be a shot at happiness and peace of mind. I purchased the services of an attorney.
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
My family and my friends whose support I have come to treasure. Also, my behavior - I stepped up and feel like I've grown a lot.
- Whose behavior appalled you?
The boys' father.
- Where did most of your money go?
See number 9 and household fixes
- What did you really get excited about this year?
The possibilities that next year will bring.
- Compared to this time of year are you happier or sadder (HAPPIER!) thinner or fatter (exactly the same) richer or poorer (not quite sure).
- What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I cleaned a little more, although the house is WAY cleaner now that it's ever been!
- How did you spend Christmas last year?
I don't remember. I spent this year with my sons and then had lunch and saw a movie (Hitchcock) with a very dear friend and her son this year.
- Did you fall in love in 2012?
- How many one-night stands?
Seriously?!?! I don't remember this question from the previous post but the answer is NONE
- What was your favorite TV Program?
Revenge; Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23; So You Think You Can Dance; Dancing With the Stars
- What did you want and get?
I wanted some peace of mind and I wouldn't say that I completely got it, but I have more peace of mind this year than I did in the past.
- What did you want and not get?
Closure (see number 5) - Then again, there is always next year!